Recycling is the process of collecting and processing materials that would otherwise be thrown away as trash and turning them into new products. Recycling can benefit your community and the environment.
Recycled items are picked up the day after scheduled trash pickup. This is courtesy service and not part of monthly billing.
How to prepare:
- Paper: Clean and dry only-Place in a plastic bag-no ink. Don't put out if a threat of rain exists.
- Plastics: Empty and rinsed. Labels may be left on. Place in a plastic bag.
- Cardboard: Break down flat or place smaller boxes inside bigger boxes.
- Aluminum: Aluminum only-empty and rinsed.
- Electronics: For electronic pickups, please call Public Works at 501-362-5554.
All recyclables (except cardboard) MUST be separated and placed in plastic bags or acceptable containers. We must see what is inside to determine if the items can be recycled. The City of Heber Springs encourages everyone to recycle.
Benefits of Recycling:
- Reduces the amount of waste sent to landfills and incinerators
- Conserves natural resources such as timber, water and minerals
- Increases economic security by tapping a domestic source of materials
- Prevents pollution by reducing the need to collect new raw materials
- Saves energy
- Supports American manufacturing and conserves valuable resources
- Helps create jobs in the recycling and manufacturing industries in the United State